Tuesday 7 March 2017 (1630-1830) (Cancelled)
Schools, Colleges, Universities, and other Training Providers (not limited to City of Glasgow College staff).
- City of Glasgow College – Riverside Campus
- Riverside Campus
21 Thistle Street
- Download City of Glasgow College map
- This is a free event.
Welcome to our second Glasgow TeachMeet event - bringing educators together to share good practice, practical innovations and personal insights. The event is being hosted and run by City of Glasgow College with support from College Development Network.
The theme for this Meet is ‘Less teaching, more learning - encouraging self-directed learning', not aligned to a specific subject area or level, just an invitation to talk about anything you've seen/experienced that works well (or doesn't). You might just have a question that you'd like to ask, or something that you'd like some feedback on.
If this is your first time attending a ‘TeachMeet', then first of all, thanks for joining us! TeachMeets are pretty informal affairs, although there is an element of organisation (choosing a date, finding a venue, and arranging for some refreshments), the content of the Meet is really determined by those who are attending.
There are basically three options to consider if you want to come along:
- deliver a 7-minute ‘micro' presentation
- deliver a 2-minute ‘nano' presentation
- just come along and see what's happening!
On the day, we'll spin a (virtual) wheel and invite people to share in a random order. We're pretty strict on time (there's probably going to be an annoying buzzer), so two minutes really does mean two minutes! We'll have a PC/Screen if you want to show something on screen, but don't feel you have to come up with a set of slides!
- bring together educators to share their stories and experiences
- opportunity to network with colleagues in your area
- open floor to ask questions, raise topics of interest, or simply soak it all in!
Hope you can make it!